home      about    subscribe   contact

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chains, floral, blue blue blue

This is what I wore to school today, and to see a play this evening. I took these with the webcam on my father's laptop. I'm sorry that the quality isn't great, but I hope the fab outfit makes up for it. These were taken at the end of a long day, so I do look a bit disheveled, and the webcam does nothing to help with that. I recieved a lot of compliments on this outfit in real life, which doesn't always happen, so that was really nice. I have never really worn this shirt or skirt. It's always fun to break out new old items in one's wardobe.

blue

floral!

all smiles, floral, and blue



This skirt was actually a dress from the Gap that I purchased on sale. It had a jersey top that fit me a bit strangely so I chopped it off. The seem at the waist looks rough, but with a wide belt no one's the wiser. I absolutely love the colour os this skirt, but because it's cotton it sure wrinkles easily, especially when sitting down most of the day.

The holes in my tights appeared at the very end of the evening, and weren't an intentional part of the outfit.

Cardigan - American Apparel, unisex size L (one of my favourites, as I'm sure you can tell)
Floral top - Old Navy, size L
Skirt - The Gap, size L
Tights - Addition-Elle, size 3X
Chain necklace - thrifted
Belt - thrifted

I think it's funny that at a size 22, three of the items I'm wearing are a size large.

Tomorrow I'm going to school to work in the pottery studio (I'm geeky, but not as geeky as my friends who are going to school for an anime festival) and then going shopping for my grad shoes and a shrug to wear with my dress. I hope I find what I'm looking for.

Have a good weekend, all!

10 comments:

  1. Your outfit is amazing! You pair items really well. That top with a color solid bottom is such a great idea! Also I love how you admit to altering clothes. I feel that as a plus size girl myself I have to alter clothing all of the time to make it look better!
    Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the pattern on that black and white top. And I like to chop dresses up too! Some of my best tops have come out of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looove the ripped tights with this really lady like outfit :) gives it an edge that i really wasn't expecting lolz like i looked through the photos left to right... and i'm like heyyyy thats a surprise! lolz lookin great!

    - Iza

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute as always... those two shades of blue look amazing together! i did the same thing with a dress from target haha. i always cover up the rough edge with a belt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all.
    sometimes when you're larger and your choices limited, you just gotta' take scissors to an item of clothes. Right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even tell you the way in which I love this outfit. The colours are perfect and I'm head-over-heels for the different shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit , you have a face so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am SO glad i found ure supa cute blog (thanks cid). ure adorable hun and cant wait to catch up on ure posts!

    love and blessings,
    BBM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you both!

    @BBM, I'm really glad you like my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook