home      about    subscribe   contact

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Orange Blossom

Hello all! I'm sorry that the photos aren't that great - my camera can be quite unreliable - but I really wanted to share today's outfit. Today I slept in way late and then met my friend for an early dinner. We were going to have sushi but the place was closed for renovation, so we went decided to go to Dadeo's, an 18+ New Orleans style diner, but apparently it's closed on Wednesday! We then went to the Artisan Rest-Cafe and got there less than half an hour before close. We had soup & sandwiches and split a cake, and were very grateful with our server for being so patient and kind when we probably kept him there a bit late. I hadn't seen Heather in ages and so it was really great to catch up. Among other things, we talked a bit about queer safe spaces. We talked about gay bars, and how she feels intrusive about going as a non-queer person. I thought it was awesome that my friend was so aware of her privilege and careful not to intrude other's spaces. That being said, I don't find gay bars to be a safe space at all, and if straight allies want to dance and have fun in a queer-positive space, it's fine by me. I was curious about other's perspectives on this, though. What do you think?

I was a bit brave to wear these shoes as it's still winter here. In fact when I woke I turned on the TV and then went to make coffee and the first thing I heard was "cold temperatures even by Alberta standards." Hardly a comforting way to start the day. I figured I would risk it as I was only walking a few blocks on snow-free sidewalks, but snow isn't the only thing that can make feet cold! I'm just so sick of winter and all I want to do is wear my new flats every single day.

Wednesday's outfit

orange blossom

Showing off my new bag

Jeggings - Old Navy size 18
Cardigan - Old Navy size XXL
Striped tank - Forever 21 size L
Flats - Payless size 11
Vintage scarf - Divine
Vintage flower brooch - an antique shop in Camrose
Turquoise ring - a local made sale on my campus
Purse - Winners

I was wondering if any other plus-size bloggers would be interested in doing a swap of sorts. I'm inspired by this post at Kendi Everyday as well as The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and I think a share-swap could be a lot of fun! What I'm looking for is someone who is about my size(20-24), preferably living in Canada or the US who would be interesting in swapping a few items of clothing - but only for a week or two! We could decide upon the items in advance, send each other a few skirt or dresses, wear them & blog our outfits, and then send back the (cleaned) clothes after a few weeks. I think it could be a lot of fun and if this is something you might be interested in let me know in comments or send me an e-mail at anomalous_allure@hotmail.com

Speaking of shared clothing, I was lucky enough win this lovely pre-loved dress from Kyla the Great on tumblr. I can't wait to wear it!

11 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I'd swap with you, but I'm at the smaller end of an 18 these days. Love the cute little orange pin and the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! How do you find the fit of the Old Navy jeggings? I was thinking of picking some up, but wasn't sure about the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chantal, Thanks! I really love the fit, they're snug without being too tight and they have the right amount of stretch. I highly suggest trying them out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, love the scarf and the flats (I can never seem to find cute flats at payless but you always have the cutest flats from there). To your question, as a queer ally I'm all about going to queer bars. I don't go often enough, but when I do go I really enjoy myself. Like your friend says though, I often worry about being intrusive, but I really don't think it's a big deal. Also, the swap sounds like a really good idea. I think I'm about the same size as you and would be interested in swapping if you decide to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jeggings, they look super cute on you.

    I like the swap idea, I've rarely had the opportunity to swap clothes with anyone because I was always taller and had larger breasts than the friends I had.

    I personally love gay bars, the club I've been going to for years is a gay club that I go to on a goth night (yeah, there aren't many options in Baltimore/D.C).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great idea. I'm in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to swap clothes with you, but maybe when it's a little warmer! I'll e-mail you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Michaniya, Thanks! I'm glad you're interested in swapping, I'll send you and e-mail in the next few days.

    @Honeysuck_elle, Thank you! I've also rarely been able to swap with friend irl, so I think an e-swap would be a lot of fun. I'm glad you're interested!

    @Gazel, Awesome! I'll send you an e-mail soon.

    @Elizabeth, I totally feel you about the cold, it's ridiculous. I'd love to swap with you though, and there's certainly no time limit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sonia, I will definitely test them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flower pin! I try to wear a flower everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I'm a 24-26 and in england! a bit too big and bit too far away. Darn.

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook