home      about    subscribe   contact

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My two favourite things

...are thrifting and floral. Could you guess? :)

Today kind of alternated between fun and miserable. It would have been a lovely day but the heat and mosquitoes were horrendous, making me wish I hadn't even left the house. On the way home, I had to wait at the bus stop for over half an hour, there were so many mosquitoes that I had a panic attack. Even an hour after getting home I ended up crying just because I was still so overwhelmed. This might seem like a bit much of a response, but you must understand that there were a lot of mosquitoes, much more than my city usually sees, I'm the type of person who is incredibly attractive to mosquitoes, and I have anxiety.

However, in between screaming, hyperventilating, scratching, and swatting, Keegan taught me how to knit and we went to Value Village. Thrifting is much less stressful wen you're not looking specifically for clothes.

My outfit:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lapis acid wash t-shirt - American Apparel unisex size L
Skirt - thrifted
Belt - thrifted
Vintage turquoise necklace - gift
Sunglasses - Forever 21


A few of my purchases:

Photobucket
This is the first time I've thrifted tights. I haven't tried them on yet but hopefully they fit.

Photobucket
Also only for $1, the cashier was impressed at my find.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My favourite purchase, these cute floral glasses. Set of 6 for $5. They're oh so pretty.

8 comments:

  1. You're such a cutie! <3 love this look on you and esp. the shades, work it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the mosquitoes, I hate them too! Luckily the UK doesn't have many, just flying ants |: that skirt is supercute on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! I heard the weather was miserable there today. You have my sympathies!
    Nice finds @ the thrift store. I have that same copy of Ghost World. Yaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent some time in Edmonton a couple years ago in the summer and I remember being totally overwhelmed by the mosquitos as well. They are relentless! However, Ghost World for $1 is a fantastic score.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the mosquitoes, I hope you're okay now bb! Those sunglasses are amazing and I love the skirt. You make me want to try thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghost World! Love it. The skirt print is so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you :) i like your outfit you look really cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mosquitoes are so awful! They're super attracted to me as well. I can be with a whole group of people... and they all just bite me instead of everyone else, it's nuts! So I understand your pain :(

    Great outfit though! You are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook